My husband and I stayed here for a weekend break 9/10/11 March in room 16 (the one with the balcony looking over the lake)
Beautiful room with lots of unusual touches, underfloor heating, a fire in the room, lots of lovely toiletries, yummy gingerbread from Grasmere plus lots and lots more too many to mention we were delighted :-)
We had a wonderful stay, really attentive service from all the staff, fabulous choice for breakfast (Eggs benedict was to die for) and the location for Ambleside and more importantly the boats was great, relaxing and quiet just what we needed. The view from our room was stunning and to wake up to the sound of ducks on the lake quacking as an early morning alarm was really unique.
Well worth paying the little bit extra for the room - will not disappoint
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District