Stayed at The Waterhead for two nights at the beginning of April 2012. We manage to stay there at least once a year, this was our fifth visit.
Our booking was for the ‘Dirty Boots’ package consisting of two nights bed and breakfast, with evening meal on the first night - such good value for money. When making the reservation I asked for a specific room we have stayed in previously and, although special requests cannot be guaranteed, the hotel was able to accommodate (literally) our request.
Staff were, as always, very friendly and helpful; rooms and communal areas clean and presentable; DVDs still available in reception to choose and take to your room (it is a tradition for us to choose Miss Potter!); breakfast substantial; restaurant menu and food great. I’m still not keen on the toiletries provided in the en-suite bathroom but perhaps that is a personal choice! Although the hotel have made some cuts (no longer fruit in the room and bottled water only available in the room on request rather than automatically provided), it is understandable that cuts have had to be made and they did not detract from the great stay we have there – plus there’s still the Grasmere gingerbread in the room!
Look out for the great deals at The Waterhead, and do not hesitate to consider staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District