We are regular visitors to the Lakes, but this was our first stay at the Waterhead Hotel, having taken advantage of a 'kgbdeal' offer for a short break. We were not disappointed, with the hotel reaching a really high standard in all areas. The recently re-furbished rooms were fantastic, with modern en-suite and all the expected facilities you would want in a four-star hotel. The staff were friendly and efficient, and the breakfast selection left us wanting for nothing.
On a two-night package, we dined in the hotel for the first night, and whilst the menu could have been more adventurous, the food was well prepared and tasty. As with many hotels in the area, parking was a bit of a lottery, but the hotel does have quite a few spaces, and we managed to find one on both nights. Overall, we were really happy with our stay, and would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Superbreak UK, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District