This hotel is lovely and overlooks Windermere, I stayed in a lovely lake view room which was excellent, nice comfortable bed and bathroom, quite modern looking hotel but has lots of charm. I loved the fluffy dog on the bed! Delicious chocolates and complimentary tea/coffee tray which is always nice, some hotels do not provide this which I miss. Hotel is handy for Ambleside and Hayes Garden Centre and Waterhead Pier is just over the road where you can get a boat to Bowness on Windermere and Lakeside. Loved the toiletries and you can purchase these from reception. Lake view gardens where you can have a drink or bar meals. Enjoyed the breakfast with plenty cold and hot choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District