Had lunch here at the weekend before a two hour drive home.....it was fantastic!
We ate in the bar area as the restaurant actually looked closed, there was only ours and another table.....but it didn't feel awkward!
We had battered sausages and wholegrain mustard mayo to share, the batter was so light and the sausages so tasty. I had the strips of sirloin in brioche with chips and salad, my partner had the burger with the same accompaniments. The burger was huge and mine wasn't small either! We struggled to eat it all! It really was delicious.
I can't really review the service.....it was good! As it should have been as it was so quiet I wouldn't have accepted anything less!
I must add....Beatrix Potter playing in the toilets! Scared the life out of me! HA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District