Stayed at Waterhead for two nights to celebrate 10 years of marriage. The staff are really welcoming and the rooms are very smart. Only slight complaint was how hot the whole place was (surprisingly mild October) but once we had figured out how to turn off the underfloor heating (don't put the room key in the slot just inside the door) it was more bearable. Use of the pool and Spa down the road at Low Wood Bay is nice touch and breakfasts are the best I've had in a while. Top marks to the Waterhead Hotel and advanced warning to the staff that next time we will be bringing the kids!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District