My husband & I have just spent 2 nights at The Waterhead, this was our 3rd stay here in a year. As on previous visits, everything was perfect. The staff are extremely friendly & helpful & nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are a good size with a huge comfy bed, iPod dock, tv & DVD player. And underfloor heating. The breakfast is cooked fresh to order & there's a wide choice. We ate in the restaurant on our second night & although it was extremely busy (there was a large group booking in) the food & service were excellent. A great choice of gins in the bar too! The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the centre of Ambleside, or there's a bus that stops right outside the hotel if you don't want to walk.
We'll hopefully get the chance to stay here another 3 times in the coming year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and HotelsClick so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District