I have been so many times to this English Lakes owned/managed hotel that it must be doing something right to draw me back time after time. Basically it offers the best value/quality per penny of your hard earned in the Lakes. The rooms are stunning with the exception of some cramped rooms in the older sections, even the basic rooms in the new section are large and very well equiped. Rooms could be even better if the bathroom piped music worked, ditto the bathroom underfloor heating.The location is stunning if you can live with a main road either side, though I dont find this intrusive. Parking can be an issue at weekends and in high season.
Worst aspect is the restaurant, by far the worst of the English Lakes, even Lancaster House trumps it comfortably and it gets no where near the Midland. Best stick to their F & C's in the bar which ARE superb and great value before 7pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District