On our arrival we had not booked a specific room, just a 1 night stay. We were shown an attic room, initially with a small window and lots of stairs to go up, it was clean and adequate for 1 night, but then we were shown a massive room with a superb ensuite and an enormous bay window with good views.
Obviously it cost more but the difference is between eating Edam or Roquefort cheese but not with the same price differential.
Unfortunately, due to my work and foreign excursions, I cannot visit Ambleside on a regular basis.
However I can thoroughly recommend this Hotel and its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District