Stayed for 3 nights between 16th and 19th August for silver wedding anniversary. Had our honeymoon here 25 years ago ! Still as impressed as then. Bed massive and comfy. Turndown service a treat with chocolates left on pillow. Grasmere gingerbread fab. Bathroom out of this world ! Had breakfast each morning - cant resist full English I'm afraid ! Also had evening meal - the salmon is superb - chef is a genius. Walk out of the hotel right in front of you is the pier for the ferries to Bowness. Only 20 minutes down road to Ambleside. And the biggest treat has to be SAM !!!!!!! Highly recommend - couldn't stop anywhere else in the Lakes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District