Just spent 2 nights at the Waterhead for our wedding anniversary...Service was great, nice little touches like coming round in the evening to ask if we needed anymore tea, coffee and sugar, also liked the binoculars in the room to help appreciate the views. Lovely lakeside view from room 10 although there was a bit of a draught coming through the window. All staff were very pleasant and attentive. Only gripe is, why can't cheffs at expensive hotels fry an egg and bacon properly, its one of the highlights for me in a hotel to know there is a lovely breakfast waiting fo me when I get up, everything was undercooked. I was fascinated with the bottle of whisky next to the porridge however... I was tempted to try it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District