We stayed here for 2 nights and got a great rate including 1 night's dinner for under £350. Check in was smooth and the rooms were nicely furnished (we had a luxury room overlooking the lake). Dinner in the hotel was superb and the staff were very attentive, the portions weren't huge but just right if you are having three courses (the lighting in the restaurant is lovely and very atmospheric). During our stay there were 2 small weddings on consecutive days and this did nothing to detract the staff from offering great service to all the guests. The only critisism we had was that the bed was way too soft and we ended up with sore backs, and the cooked breakfast was much better on the Saturday than on the Sunday. On the 2nd night of our stay we ate at the Log House (just down the road) and the food was excellent along with the service. Would we go back to both - YES!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District