We had a lovely time at the Waterhead. Reception were very friendly and helpful when we arrived - I'd like to think this was typical northern hospitality but you don't encounter it everywhere. Parking was a bit tricky and coming into the front of the hotel you have to pass by cars parked in bays and some of these stuck out so far (range rovers etc) that you are forced to walk in the road (the main A593) to get past them - not very helpful or safe. When this was commented upon to reception at checkout they seemed to think it wasn't their problem.
Our room was lovely though it overlooked the car park - but was quiet with good ambient heating and a very chic and modern bathroom the cleaning of whcih had been a bit haphazard. Still they gave us fresh towels when they turned down the bed and the bed was fantastic - big and very comfortable with good linen and the curtains so effective that it was hard to know when it was morning. Breakfast is served until relatively late (10.30) which was great and the cooked breakfast was good with excellent individual ingredients and the dining room has a good view of the lake. Service though was slow and meant that the toast had arrived and gone cold by the time the cooked breakfast turned up, and that we had to check out late (check out is 11 but it took nearly an hour for breakfast). However, Ion the whole this is a hotel of excellent standard and I'd certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District