Stayed for 1 night in this beautiful hotel in a fantastic location at Waterhead Bay. If you are travelling by train and bus, the bus stop is right outside the hotel and you are within a couple of minutes walk from Ambleside Pier to catch the steamer to Bowness. The hotel has a lovely feeling to it right from the moment you step in the door. Light, modern and yet historic at the same time. We had a room overlooking the lake and it really was a beautiful scene, particularly as it had been snowing. Room had very nice furniture & fittings and a really comfortable king size bed. Liked the touches such as cafitiere and fresh coffee, the ability to get fresh milk, water, robes, etc. Ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was delicious and the service excellent. Only critisism would be the bathroom shower is a peculiar overflowing water affair and doesn't quite get hot enough, and there was no shower gel/shampoo. Apart from that, excellent - will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, LateRooms, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District