We have just returned from a wonderful few days in the lake district at Rothay Garth. We had room 18 which had a small lounge, great bathroom and a bedroom with a double and a single bed. We had our own entrance and also a back entrance on to the garden which was great has we had our dog Pippa with us. Dad was on a 1st floor room which had wonderful views of the garden and the church. The breakfast was always hot and very enjoyable. The family were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble and they always had time to have a chat. We had a take away one night and if you told them they would set up a table for you so you could eat in the dining area. This was so nice that it puts this hotel at the top. Our dad is 88 and they were very helpful with his needs. It had good parking and was only a short walk to the town centre which with Dad was important. We would recommend a stay with at the Rothay Garth next time you visit the lake district. We are planning our next visit to the lake district and this is definitely were we would like stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rothay Garth offers you a blend of understated elegance and warm friendly family service. Set in beautiful gardens within Ambleside, we benefit from a large private on-site car park and superb mountain views. Enjoy our Lakeland breakfast in the Loughrigg breakfast room before heading out, and after a day's exploring relax and unwind with a glass of wine from the bar service in the comfort of our residents lounge - we look forward to hearing from you!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Rothay Garth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rothay Garth Hotel Ambleside
- Rothay Garth Ambleside, Lake District