“Awesome child friendly facility”
Review of Rufty Tuftys

Rufty Tuftys
Ranked #5 of 6 Fun & Games in Ambleside
More attraction details
Owner description: Rufty Tuftys a large, indoor play centre, offering adventure, exercise, exploration and excitement for children in a clean, safe, stimulating environment right in the heart of the Lake District.We have free parking on our front and also we have an overflow carpark, again free just to the left of our building.
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Awesome child friendly facility”
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Best place in the lakes to take the little ones. Food is great and cheap. Brilliant soft play area for all ages. Also to keep the dads occupied, they have a womens aerobics class on the go right in front of you. Everyone wins !!!

2 Thank bash99

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Rainy Day Place”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Rufty Tufty's is a decent soft play area. I would say it's mostly aimed at babies and young children as it's not a huge place in comparison to others I have been, but it is clean and the children enjoyed the visit. There are food and drinks there, cakes are good but the coffee wasn't brilliant, but then I wasn't expecting it to be a fabulous place to eat.
Definitely a good place to go if it's raining, which it does a lot in the Lakes.

Visited October 2012
“great for the little one”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

great staff, great day for the little guy when its raining. Quite cheap and normally not to crowded, food is limited but good.

Visited August 2012
North East UK
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Great for a rainy day!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We visited this soft play centre today, as it was absolutely bucketing down - typical British Bank Holiday Monday!

We met up with friends and their children, and settled ourselves into a comfy corner. We had a lovely couple of hours catching up while the kids (six of them aged between 2 and 8) all played happily.

I found the place to be clean, the staff friendly and the snacks very good. Was very pleased to see herbal tea on offer, and was served a full teapot of it :-) We did wait around half an hour for a small bowl of fruit (about half an apple, few slices of banana, grapes and four blueberries £1.20) but it was a very busy rainy Bank Holiday. Kids enjoyed the fruit and also had a toasted teacake.

There's a little corner near the door with small toys and gifts to buy, which I found an unnecessary addition - no other soft play we've been to sells things like that! My kids spotted something and I didn't like having to pull them away, so could have done without that.

All in all, Rufty Tufty's is a great place to go for a hour or two, it's not very big but worth going if it's raining!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Pidge_Pooh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good for kids when it's raining !”
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

We have come to this soft play area in Ambleside for a couple of years now and although the kids love it it seems to be going down hill a little. The last two times we have been (between feb 2012 and July 2012) they have had buckets hanging from the ceiling all over the unit due to leaks in the roof. There doesnt seem to have been any effort to fix the problems. There has also been water on some of the equipment in various places which has caused wet socks for my daughter. I know thats no disaster but she wants to take them off when they get wet and the regulations state due to health and safety you must keep your socks on at all times.
The equipment felt very dirty this time too and i noticed that when we climbed the first ramp to enter the play equipment there was lots of debris inbetween the humps. I also noticed there was a piece missing from a bit of the climbing frame which a little foot (my son is 16 months and his foot nearly went down) could get stuck in. The ventilation was very poor too this time. It was raining heavily outside and muggy inside. They have fans on the ceiling but they do very little to create any sort of fresh air. Everyone was very hot. My final moan about Rufty Tufty's is that the baby play area used to be brilliant but a lot of the toys have now gone and some of the ones left are broken.
I really feel sorry for the lady who always seems to be there on her own regardless of how busy it is. She gives really good service and the drinks and food are always nice. She always seems to be rushed off her feet which can sometimes mean waiting a long time to enter or exit the entrance gate.
After everything I've said though its a great place, especially when it's raining!

2 Thank Rosebudshoes