“Such helpful proprieters”

Ranked #60 of 103 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Such helpful proprieters”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I can fully echo all the positives comments about this B&B. In addition though our grateful thanks to Jeanette for finding us extra accommodation for our third night when they (No 3) were full; as well as being enormously helpful and understanding when my wife sufferd health problems. A really genuine first class service!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms appear very good
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have had the good fortune to stay at this quaint little place once before, I was working at Kendal calling and didn't fancy camping, (im getting a little old for that!) so I managed to get in at this place again, what can I say, another fantastic trip, once again the same standards applied, absolutely spotless room, comfy bed, immaculate shower/ loo and to top it off, a lovely full English every morning, sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, hash brown and toast, plus coffee or tea. I really cannot find a single thing wrong with this place, and I am a fussy traveller, the welcome from the owners is great, they are very helpful and know the local area well, the rooms are airy, bright and whilst not being massive are perfectly adequate for anybodys short break. I will definitely come again, thank you

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank matt B
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This b&b is the nicest place I have ever stayed. I work away from home frequently and have been in many hotels but none match the coziness , the cleanliness and the warm welcome from the owners of this lovely b&b. the rooms are well furnished exceptionally clean, and the beds are so comfy.
Breakfasts are amazing with sue the owner happy to cook whatever you want .
The owners were very helpful with directions and advice. I would recommend this lovely place for anyone visiting the Lake District . I will most certainly be going back .

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank matt402
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My partner booked Room 8 (facing the front and in the upper part of the B&B) at the last minute after rain made us change our mind about camping out in remote lakes district.

I found our room to be very comfortable with a really comfy bed and good quality linen and towels (which I haven't seen in many B&B or 3 star hotels in the UK in recent years). B&B was spotlessly clean.

Breakfasts were well coked and they managed to do a full English Breakfast that wasn't greasy. One of the best breakfasts I've had apart from one which also baked their own bread.

My only point that was disappointing was that my boyfriend only eats bacon and sausages in a full English and he was served the same amount of bacon and sausage as I was. To avoid him going hungry, I had to give him a rasher of my bacon and he had to fill up on toast. I think they could have maybe given in an additional hash brown and rasher of bacon or asked him if he wanted alternatives.

Also with the breakfasts, they're served at 8.30am to 9am, which we found a little late for us as we like walking and exploring. We noted they seemed to cook breakfasts earlier as we smelt bacon being cooked at 7.30am but the fact we could have an early breakfast wasn't publicised. And they didn't ask us what time we wanted breakfast. We went out at 9am and arrived back at 9.30pm and so didn't have a way of asking them for breakfasts as they had private on their door and no mechanism for ordering breakfasts.

Only other point on food is that quite a few b&bs will do sandwich requests for an additional charge to enable guests to get sandwiches early before sandwich shops open.

Lastly,room 8 not suitable for honeymoon couples. We had horizontal blinds and no curtains at our windows, and when the wind blew people could see in and see us naked! A bit of a passion killer!! Also electric toilet in this room which worked well but if you're a light sleeper might keep you awake if your partner goes to the loo. Our room also was quite small and my partner kept bashing himself on the bathroom handles. But they do have other larger rooms, so don't hesitate to book.

I would come back but go into one of the better rooms at this establishment....most of which are really nice. Ours was good but the above points were annoying!!

Room Tip: Go for a larger room....worth the price. Room 8 ok for a few days if nothing else but otherwise go...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a stopover at 3 Cambridge Villas on our tour through the Lake Country and Scotland. It was a great location, in the heart of Ambleside. We had booked 3 of the rooms and each one was beautifully decorated and quite comfortable. The location was also within easy access to shops, pubs, and a nice leisurely walk to the waterfront. It was a wonderful start to our vacation!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Libby317
Bangor Co Down
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed last week for one night.... Will know next time to make that longer... Lovely room very clean.. clean fresh crisp bed linen. Clean en suite ...could not fault it... Great location in Church street... Lovely veiw from front room.
Breakfast was great and hot toast ... Sausage was Sooo good had to get some later in the week before I went home.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Truly and without any hesitation, I would highly recommend this lovely B&B. We were a party of 5 mountainbikers visiting the Lake District. Our travelstandards are pretty demanding, but all were fulfilled by the amazing hosts Ray and Sue. Amazing breakfast, very clean rooms, great location.
We will definitely come back !!!

• Stayed June 2014