“Leaf tea”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Ambleside
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: European, Healthy, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We fell in love with café culture whilst visiting Switzerland and were inspired by the Swiss obsession for quality produce and service. We are very passionate and proud of our bespoke blend espresso as well as single origin coffees from around the world. We work closely with our Tea and Coffee merchants wko have over 40 years experience of blending and roasting coffee in small batches to produce fresh coffee at its best.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great leaf tea and Americans.
Friendly service.
Swiss alpine posters.
...all very pleasant on a rainy Saturday afternoon in August.

Will definitely visit again when in Ambleside.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Treff

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I can't say a bad word about this place.....it was absolutely superb!
The roast ham sandwich was honestly the best thing I've tasted for a long time, and I'm not even a coffee drinker (I usually find it too bitter) but the mocha was to die for! Our fondness for the place was shown in the fact that we didn't even consider going anywhere else the next day, resulting in 2 out of 2 of our lunches on our short trip being at Cafe Treff.
The staff and owner are really friendly and helpful. It was so nice to see in this day and age that everything was done to ensure customer satisfaction.
I'd recommend it to anyone visiting the area as a must, and will definitely be back on our next visit!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great quality food very gluten free friendly. Hearty stylish food that had a real healthy homemade overtone.High quality presentation and friendly professional staff

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have to say that after a week in the Lakes I have got used to things being £2-3 more than anywhere else that is not a tourist hotspot. It's understandable but never welcome, so two albeit tasty sandwiches and one pot of tea here costs the same as two main meals, 2 pints and a juice when eating just outside The Lake District. That is not to say this place is overly pricey, but just a point that if I am paying more for a product, I expect it to be pretty good to justify the tourist price, happily the food and service at Cafe Treff is pretty good. The tea comes in a coffee style carafe with lots of lovely big tea leaves floating about - no bags here. Sandwiches were substantial and served with a side salad - the option of having them toasted is great as often in the lakes you don't want a big meal, but you do want something warm. We had a BLT and a Tomato and Mozzarella- both well made with tasty seed bread. There is a huge choice of coffee to choose from, something to meet every taste. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and there was plenty of people coming and going. I would have loved to see a take away option as it was quite a pleasant day when were were visiting and to be able to have a tasty bite to eat in the fantastic scenery would have been fabulous - maybe a service that might come in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We visited today and had really great coffee and tea. Ask for an Afogatto! It's right next to Fred's Bookshop.