“Nice place to stop for a cuppa and a chat”

The Giggling Goose Cafe
Ranked #62 of 118 Restaurants in Ambleside
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Wynyard, Australia
“Nice place to stop for a cuppa and a chat”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I stayed only a short distance from this cafe and every time we walked across the bridge we noticed the cafe was chockers full of customers and we soon found out why for ourselves.

What a lovely spot to sit, eat and have a great cuppa with family and friends, beside a babbling brook watching the world go by. I was really disappointed to read some of the derogative reviews of others. The meal was lovely and I really was delighted with the surrounds. I ordered a quiche and salad and was surprised with the size of the meal and how it was served with accompanying salad. For what it offers, the Giggling Goose is a perfect spot to sit and relax after either a long walk or drive. I thought it was good value for money and the staff are very friendly and considerate. If I get to Ambleside again, I will definitely revisit this café and will be recommending it to family and friends

• Visited June 2014

kendal,cumbria
“rip off”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

£10 for 2 cups of tea and a slither each of below average cakes. The location is wonderful, so why not go the whole stretch and provide food and service to match the outrageous price?

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank anne_lees
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect for Brunch, Lunch or Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our day at Ambleside was lovely and when we found The Giggle Goose it just finished off a perfect day. It is just near the famous little bridge in Ambleside and you can sit in the gardens & enjoy the atmosphere that comes with the cafe. Our food was perfect and so tasty. Staff were all friendly and very helpful. The English really do know how serve people and make them feel comfortable. Enjoy this experience you will think it is great!!

Visited July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Poor value tourist trap”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After years of living near and visiting Ambleside I finally visited the Giggling Goose with my dog and boyfriend this weekend after a long hike on the fells. This place looks great if a little twee, but definitely lacks substance. Aside from being massively overpriced, the cinnamon hot chocolate was a watery below average, tea stewed within an inch of its life, my scone was so hard it could have been used as a murder weapon and the already small piece of chocolate cake my other half ordered was CUT IN HALF before it found its way down to us - not great at £3.50 a slice. The waitress was embarrassed and openly rude about her boss when asked about it. Next time I'll definitely be going over the road to the Apple Pie.

• Visited July 2014
“Lovely Tea & Scones”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had lovely afternoon scones and tea sat outside in the sun next to the river at the Giggling Goose Cafe. The cafe is tucked away from the road, and is very chilled and quaint. The staff were all very friendly and it just added to what was a perfect weekend in the Lake District.

• Visited June 2014