“Fantastic experience ”

Ambleside Climbing Wall
Ranked #11 of 51 things to do in Ambleside
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Indoor Climbing Venue, suitable for all ages in the heart of The Lake District. Offering Taster sessions, Private Lessons and Kids Clubs throughout the week, and open late for experienced climbers.Our parent company also offer a wide range of outdoor activities; from kayaking and rock climbing, to gorge scrambling and hiking.
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

A wonderful 1.5 hours spent on my first climbing experience since primary school. I'm terrified of heights but managed to successfully climb to the top on more than one occasion. The staff are great! Totally build your confidence & I would absolutely recommend this place. The children loved it too !

1  Thank squeasy
Matt B, Manager at Ambleside Climbing Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Hi,
Many thanks for taking the time to review the wall. I'm really pleased you enjoy the climbing, and well done for overcoming your nerves. Great stuff!!
matt.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Friendly staff, bright and clean space. Well laid out and in a beautiful building.

I felt very safe and the staff didn't make me feel intimidated. My kids loved it and I was really impressed at the whole experience.

I would definitely recommend it here! Great value for money too!

1  Thank FC525
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A visit with boys. Very friendly and helpful staff. It is quite a compact venue, but very well laid out with useful guides to all the climbing and bouldering grades. Nice cafe upstairs for refreshments. Definitely visit again.

Really pleased you enjoyed your visit to the wall. We work hard to make the most of our venue, and regularly change the routes to provide new challenges.
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
matt

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had excellent tuition from Matt and Ally. I have done some climbing before but this brought my climbing on a lot, now I need to remember it and get out and practice. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My girls (8 and 11 yo) had a fabulous time. At £15 each for an hour and half, they really felt that they had good value for money. All safety equipment and instruction was included, and they were taught how to warm up, how to stay safe, how to work as a team and how to climb. One girl has additional challenges, and the instructor, Ali, was careful to work around her needs and help her enjoy her experience - she got her climbing far higher than I thought would be possible!
I enjoyed watching them from the café above the wall.

Thanks for the 5 stars, and taking the time to review us!!
It's great to hear that everyone can get the rewards of climbing at our wall. And brilliant to hear the newer members of our team are providing action packed session.
May you enjoy all your climbing adventures in the future.
matt