“BIG breakfast!!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Well, we ordered the full breakfast - if you have a good appetite then this is the breakfast for you! The plates were massive, and were filled with bacon, sausage, black pudding, fried bread, hash browns, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes and toast. Staff were lovely and friendly, willing to spend time and chat.

2  Thank HotelLover2

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Want breakfast and nothing else? Well you have come to the right place. The breakfast is delicious. Came with a big group and had a diverse range of food, and all thought the food was very, very good.

However, if you are looking for a little more, then this isn't the place for you. Chairs and tables aren't as comfortable as other places and were a little too close together, staff look bored and served as if they didn't want tips, and the atmosphere was a little flat. If it's taste only, and decent value, visit. If you want that ambleside personality from a breakfast cafe, there are multiple better options.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The pick and mix breakfast menu is a boon to me. Food is cooked from ingredients, locally-sourced where possible, with a minimum of bought-in pre-prepped items. Efficient and friendly service and very understanding of my complicated allergies. All the best to Clive for a long and happy retirement and I hope the new owners maintain his standards.

1  Thank Westmerian54
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I hate to be critical of a local, family run business but I can honestly say that our experience of breakfast at Daisy's was in stark contrast to those who have waxed lyrical on TA about the 'legendary' breakfasts. I find it difficult to believe we were in the same cafe!? I am in no way averse to a good old fashioned fry up but the '8 option' breakfast which at first glance appears to be very reasonable in fact provided very poor value for money. The quality of produce used here is desperately lacking and so grease laden I felt positively queazy for the rest of the day. The bacon was of a shade never witnessed before, the sausage about 10% pork and the mushrooms insipid. Further more everything tasted like it'd been fried in oil that hadn't been freshened up for a very long time. It might be the case that we were just unfortunate and caught Daisy's on an off day but, if you're going to judge a book by its cover...I doubt it.

1  Thank SamuelM86
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We saw from reviews that this was the best breakfast in Ambleside and we were not disappointed. You can choose from 10 different items for your full English and we had a cafetierre of coffee to go with it. The food was lovely with nice toast and the service was very quick. There were magazines to read while you waited and some lovely pictures on the wall to look at.

Would love to go back