“Sea bass ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Yum had a special starter and Sea bass main. All very nice very filling and great value Definitely deserves top 3 spot. Front of house are lovely. We will be back.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

There are a number of good restaurants in Ambleside and many offer good early bird deals but this restaurant concentrates on fresh, homemade, carefully prepared and lovingly presented food. My friend and I called in relatively late on a busy Friday evening, on the off chance of getting a table (and seeing it was full). Despite this we were welcomed and made comfortable, whilst they cleared a table for us. We were then served a delicious meal which in my case was sea bass - one of the nicest I've ever tasted. I would highly recommend this restaurant, offering something special at a reasonable price.

1  Thank David_and_JanetL
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked this restaurant based on the good reviews on Tripadvisor and we're not disappointed. The bistro is very tastefully decorated and the ambiance very relaxing. We ordered the fillet steaks with homemade bubble and squeak with triple cooked chips which were cooked to perfection. The menu is only small, but this is because it is a small family run bistro that focuses on quality rather than quantity. The food was fantastic and we were made to feel very welcome. We are taking friends back up this week and we know everyone will love it.

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

WHAT a CHARMER!!
Stunning review. MUCH obliged for the compliments.
That you are returning with a number of Friends is Praise indeed - NO PRESSURE!!!
See you soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

For my birthday there was only 1 place I wanted to go with my husband and 3 children and that was Atelier. We shared between us starters of moules, crab cakes and the special starter of scallops. All delicious. For mains I had my absolute favourite sea bass, my eldest daughter had the chicken and chorizo couscous and my husband and 2 smaller children all enjoyed perfectly cooked bloody steaks! Various pudding enjoyed by all, all beautiful. Another top meal and not a plate of pretentiousness in sight which seems to becoming more and more frequent. Keep it down to earth folks!

2  Thank carolynmeschino
ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

YOU are a GEM!!
Absolutely spectacular review - AGAIN!!
Thank you ZILLIONS for all the superlatives - MUCH appreciated by Chef.
Delighted the Children enjoyed the experience.
Sperro tutto bene.
Molto grazie

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Ate here on weds 30th July. We looked on trip advisor and saw this place thought we would give it a go. We have a 5 month old who is very well behaved and we found that a lot of pubs and hotels were very anti baby's and in the dark ages... When booking the lady has no issues at all and made sure we had a large table with plenty of space. I must say we really love good food and service. this place didn't disappoint. Food was amazing and presented beautifully and delicious. The lady who waited on us was also very friendly and genuine. While we were sat there they had many walks in they had to turn away. So my advice would be ring up and book to avoid disappointment. To the people who have put Average for a review I think they must be a little off this planet...Thanks for a lovely evening (baby slept whole time)

1  Thank Louise P
ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

'Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received.' (Henry Van Dyke)
SIMPLY STUNNING!!!
These VERY positive compliments have been gratefully received - Chef is rather chuffed.
You are a lovely Family - Emmy Rose is especially GORGEOUS - takes after Her Mother????
Hopefully atelier will see you again??
Be Happy