“Lovely meal!”

Ranked #24 of 122 Restaurants in Ambleside
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is Ambleside's newest and most popular Thai Restaurant, nestled in the centre of Ambleside in the heart of the English Lake District just opposite Zefirelli's Cinema. Open since late 2011, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a lovely meal here, waiters and waitresses were very friendly,food was prompt and delicious,my only complaint was that there was hardly any chicken in the Thai yellow curry I ordered.Other than this food was amazing,really nice evening.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

we went to jinata and really enjoyed it. I love the way the restaurant is decorated in thai. We both had thai soup and I had king prawn mild curry and my husband had sizzling beef and mango . we had jasmine rice too. we like the idea that there is so many things to pick from.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived for the early evening sitting. We were found a table even though the restaurant was busy. We had the meal deal. The starters were well presented. My son particularly enjoyed the sweetcorn fritters. The mains were very tasty, green curry was hot but very nice, sweet and sour chicken was even nicer. We would definitely return next time in Ambleside.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My partner,son and I visited the restaurant at Lunchtime. The surroundings are very high quality and was in good condition. The starters were lovely and full of flavour. Two of us ordered Pad Thai noodles. The noodles were very difficult to chew and swallow like they had been not cooked long enough or for too long. When the waiter collected the dishes he asked was the food ok as so much had been left. I explained that the noodles were inedible and he just collected the plates and never apologised. No adjustment was made to the bill as a sign of goodwill and no offer of replacement food was made. I was very disappointed as the meal was for my 40th birthday treat.

1  Thank Darren01744
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I dined at Jintana on Saturday 2nd August last. We hadn't booked a table and having never been to Ambleside before just stumbled across this Thai restaurant on Saturday evening and went in hoping they had a table. It was very busy inside and we were told it would be a 30 minute wait and that we could have drinks at the bar whilst we were waiting. We were grateful for this and sat at the bar in a lovely atmosphere with very attentive, friendly staff. I had a Thai Mojito which was delicious!!

The aroma coming from the restaurant was amazing and I couldn't wait to eat. I wasn't disappointed. The food was amazingly delicious. From the starters through to the main I could have carried on eating and eating it was absolutely delicious.

We both shared some Thai Prawn Crackers whilst we waited for the starters to arrive and they were delicious and were soon gone!! We shared the Jintana Platter which consisted of Spring Rolls, King Prawn Blankets Sweet Corn Fritters and Pork Sesame on Toast (together with dips). It was mouth wateringly good, fresh and oh so yummy!!! I then had Thai Curry with Tiger Prawn and Jasmine Rice which once again was outstanding. My husband had Pork Stir Fry with Noodles which was highly praised also. All in all you have got to try The Jintana, the food is amazing, the venue is beautiful the food is a good price, service was fast and efficient and the staff attentive. I am gutted there isn't a Jintana in Manchester so I will just have to dream about eating their gorgeous food until the next time we go back to Ambleside. Well done Jintana

2  Thank ScubaDeb