We stayed at the Skelwith Bridge Hotel for 2 nights last weekend and really enjoyed it. We stayed in Grasmere, on the ground floor, for which we were very pleased, due to the heatwave. The room was very spacious and clean. Alhough there was no view, it was quiet.
We had two excellent evening meals. The menu was different both nights with plenty of choice and some imaginative dishes. We thoroughly enjoyed both meals. Breakfast was also excellent, with alternatives to the usual fry and lots of cereals, fruit etc.
I also have to mention the staff. They were all friendly, helpful and very hardworking. We were very impressed.
We are already planning to return for another stay before the year is out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located just a short drive from Ambleside, away from the hustle and bustle is Skelwith Bridge. Informal gardens merging seamlessly with the surrounding countryside, real log fires in the winter months and a traditional welcome, Skelwith bridge Hotel really is "your home away from home" The hotel boasts 28 bedrooms, all en-suite and all retaining the character of the original building. We are pleased to offer single, twin, double and king sized rooms available for bed and breakfast or dinner bed and breakfast at fantastically affordable prices all year round. We welcome a whole host of families with children young and old, couples, singles and four legged friends too! The hotel is a fell walkers paradise with many varied easy and more strenuous walks from our doorstep! We even have a drying room available for those wet days ... not that we have too many of those in The Lakes! A host of attractions and other activities are just a short drive or bus ride away including sailing, cycling, mountain biking, fishing, bird watching, golf, shopping, bars and restaurants, the historic houses of Wordsworth, Beatrix Potter and Ruskin, the market towns of Keswick and Kendal, Grasmere and its world famous gingerbread, Take a cruise on the lakes with the steamers, the lakes aquarium at lakeside, traditional steam railway at Haverthwaite, Manicured gardens at Holker hall, and many more attractions too numerous to list! Our reception staff are always happy to suggest local attractions or walks and we have lots of information in our showcase at reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Skelwith Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skelwith Bridge Ambleside
- Hotel Skelwith Bridge
- Skelwith Bridge Hotel Ambleside, Lake District