Langdale Hotel
US$176
US$141
Glen Rothay Hotel(Rydal)(Great Value!)
US$127
No availability for your dates from our partners
Queen's Hotel(Ambleside)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,466 results
All reviewssignature roomwainwrights pubterrace barwaterside roomtime sharefellside roomselemis toiletriesultimate roomsbuilding workspa treatmentsspa arealake districtswimming poolsteam roommain restaurantleisure facilitieshigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Every time we stay here we stay in the ultimate rooms. 105 is our favourite! Beautiful room but I'm really sorry- the rest of your hotel really let's you down! We had a spa treatment first and then checked in! Our greeting was - how did they let you in the pool area without a pass? I couldn't care less how they let me in. We has treatments and just blew £200 up there and are about to stay in your most expensive room?. The room was as beautiful as ever! Your ultimate rooms are very special! We complained when we left last time as there was a bag of weed under my bed- I found when trying to plug in my phone charger! No weed this time but somehow doesn't feel quite as clean as it could be... There are marks on the ceiling too, maybe water marks.
Maybe it's time you did a refurb on your restaurant as its put us off when we've thought about dining there and communal areas need modernising.

Great room service though and room as Elemis products are great! Those baths are just divine as great, great decor in the ultimate rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Nicola L
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed in a signature room and as usual nothing can be faulted. The room was clean bright and spacious. The pool and spa area is always nice and clean and the pool warm. We had a look around Brimstone while we were there and that is an amazing place that we hope to visit and what a fantastic addition to LANGDALE. Our breakfast next morning was very good and although it is now self service there is so much choice and all the food was very hot and well presented ...not a problem at all. Hope to stay again soon

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I booked one of the Ultimate Rooms for two nights as a treat for my husband and me. The room lived up to expectations (I recommend room 105, with 2 bath tubs next to each other that fill up from the ceiling, quite a show) but the service was not generally what you would expect from a 4 star hotel (at £550 for the weekend). It is not every day that I go to a hotel and pay that much, so I suppose my expectations were quite high. Breakfast was nice but I've had better in other places. My husband loves kippers and ordered them both mornings, there was a supplement of £3 for those. I believe that when one pays so much for a room, one could maybe have kippers for breakfast without extra charge.
We were asked on arrival if we wanted the papers in the morning, no mention of any charge for that, but we were charged on the final bill. I'm not complaining about a few pounds, it's the principle that bothers me. The polite thing to do would be to warn the customer first that there is a charge for the papers. Or even better, the papers could be free with the Ultimate room. When you pay so much for a room you want to feel a bit special, get free papers, free kippers...just little details like that, really that make me think 'the room was great, but the service was not good enough to go back'. The staff was generally friendly but not exactly professional at all times.
We dined at the Purdey's on the first evening, the fine dining restaurant of the hotel. The food was very nice but the restaurant itself had nothing of a fine dining restaurant. It was actually the room in which breakfast was served, nothing special at all (the Christmas decs were a bit of a joke). We ordered a bottle of Sancerre with our food, the only Sancerre on the menu but the waitress asked us what number it was on the menu. Not very professional. But apart from that, very good food, especially the desserts, they were the highlight of the meal. Overall an ok weekend but not an amazing weekend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Had a lovely two night break at the langdale. Rooms very clean with very comfortable beds. Elemis toiletries ..very good quality..nice touch. Grounds to langdale made me feel like I was on the film set for Twilight! Rushing river running inside grounds all added to wonderful atmosphere. Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank carolinecasablanca
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Every aspect of our two night trip to The Langdale Hotel was perfect!

On check-in, the gentleman on reception was great! I was impressed when he congratulated us on our anniversary, picking up on elements of the conversation that I'd had when booking a few weeks earlier. He and all the staff were extremely polite and helpful and really made an effort! A testament to the hotel!

We were in the Fellside Lodges and our room was immaculate! Huge bed (a little soft for me) wall mounted LCD TV, and a very high standard en-suite. The decor was dark and romantic and not a speck of dust to be found anywhere. To top it off there was a hand written anniversary card with a lovely message that really made our trip, just a lovely touch! Thanks.

Breakfast was lovely, cant fault a thing. We ate dinner at the nearby Wainwrights Inn (about 2 minutes walk up the road), where items can just be charged to your room. What can I say? Great atmosphere, the food was spot on and the wine and ale selection was great.

We'd booked 1 night but after seeing the room and facilities we decided to stay a second, we had to switch rooms but staff made this so simple. We went out for the day to the lovely Ambleside village and when we returned all of our belongings had been moved to our new room for us. Fantastic service.

To conclude, Great staff. Great location. Great service. Great rooms.

(Oh and walk to Cheaters by the River)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple