1,513 results
All reviews signature room wainwrights pub waterside room time share fellside rooms ultimate rooms building work spa treatments spa area lake district swimming pool steam room main restaurant leisure centre high standard excellent facilities huge bed
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My friend and I decided to treat ourselves to a spa day and booked the Langdale. The price was reasonable, however it should not have been advertised as a spa.

The pool was full of children and, while I realise it is part of the hotel and it is good to see children doing something active, we were looking for a relaxing spa day, not a day unable to swim in the pool or listening to screaming children.

The facilities were clean but we weren't told where everything was. The options for lunch were surprisingly good but I think we both made the wrong choices as both our meals were flavourless. The treatments were thankfully the highlight although the door of the room I was in did not have a handle and kept opening.

If you are going as a family I think this would be a good spa choice, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mrm24
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I went for a midweek break to celebrate my 65 th birthday and our 43 rd wedding anniversary. The sat nav took us to a nearby quarry! The hotel was attractively situated amid the slate buildings and daffodils associated with the Lake District. The bedroom was large with a huge bed which was very comfortable, with hair drier, fridge, tv, iron, lovely bath in a big en suite. The breakfasts were very tasty, mainly buffet style but we ordered scrambled eggs and pancakes with maple syrup from the kitchen . The seven course taster menu was a gastronomic delight. The pub , just five minutes walk away, served some incredibly good food, with good sized portions. We enjoyed the swimming pool, sauna, jaccusi etc every morning, and each had a treatment in the spa. However, this felt a bit impersonal. It was a lovely, if expensive break, and the staff were lovely. I'd come back if I could.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret L
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a beautiful hotel & spa. We had a very relaxing day .The pool and jacuzzi were lovely. Staff helpful and friendly . Fabulous massage. Lunch was light and adequate though not much choice but the location is a real retreat....lovely.m

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crispy874
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This quiet resort was perfect for us after a long day driving and climbing Scafell Pike. We decided to book a spa stay style accommodation and were not disappointed. Lovely quiet location the place was spotless and very comfortable.We would have easily stayed longer and will make a note of returning in future. We arrived quite late but still was easily put at rest from restaurant staff that getting a table for eating would be no problems and encouraged to go shower relax and they would take care of us when we were ready. Spa facilities are lovely good quality gym. Staff are professional polite and helpful. We ate in Purdeys bar lounge in the evening and food was very good. Also breakfast was buffet style but excellent, yes you do need rise from your chair and self serve holiday style but all the ingredients were fresh and of good quality. We went on a Tuesday so resort may have been a lot quieter than at weekends. A note driving from Wasdale Head to Langdale was very interesting would have spectacular if i could have got a second to look up. Give your self plenty of time or stick to A roads the long way round.

Room Tip: Get a deal online
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We wanted a nice hotel in the Lakes to wind down for a couple of days and where delighted with the Langdale. The room was very nicely appointed - the only down side was it needed hooks to hang coats and the wi-fi was hit and miss. Very nice bathroom as well. The breakfast was superb and the food we had in the hotel was very nice. We did eat in the fine dining restaraunt and thought it was really interesting and enjoyed it immensely We also ate in the spa and had a very nice meal.

The location is fantastic - just next to Elterwater.

The only negative points we had was we ate in their pub one night and that was average in comparison to some of the great lakeland pubs around the area. Also parking at the hotel is a little tight - to say the least.

I would happily stay at the Langdale again - expecially if you can get get a deal on the room.

All the staff we interacted with where extremely friendly and chatty .. so no issues !!

Room Tip: Please note that if raining .. you will get wet as the hotel rooms are a short walk from the restaraunt.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple