1,513 results
All reviews signature room wainwrights pub waterside room time share fellside rooms ultimate rooms building work spa treatments spa area lake district swimming pool steam room main restaurant leisure centre high standard excellent facilities huge bed
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed Sunday night and Monday daytime at Langdale as day 2 of a long weekend Lakes visit.

No stranger to the area, have camped, walked and visited Great Langdale virtually every year for 30 years since being introduced to this beautiful part of the world on a school trip back in late 80's.

Until recently, honestly thought it was just a timeshare/country club type place. Now, I can't believe I've never previously been!

Had spent the previous night at Whitewater Hotel in Newby Bridge. Really disappointed now that I didn't stay at Langdale for the entirety of our visit!

Fantastic location, right in the heart of the Langdales, professional staff, excellent facilities, well appointed room, stunning contemporary decor bedroom and excellent bathroom facility. Parking right outside our block and well located within the complex for both the leisure facilities and Stove Restaurant.

Used the pool and jacuzzi extensively and dined in Stove Sunday night and Monday brunch. Quite excellent ribs enjoyed at dinner and the most amazing 'eggy bread with caramelised banana and summer berries' devoured at brunch.

With such a stunning back drop and glorious weather this weekend, a truly memorable visit.

Now, I like camping/podding with the kids down the road at Gt Langdale and if Nanny tags along, we usually stick her in The New Dungeon Ghyll. Based on this visit, I think a revisit to Langdale is highly probable.

1  Thank DC W
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Booked through booking.com as surprise, and couldn't have been happier. The quality of the hotel is evident from the moment you enter the grounds and the room we had was an excellent standard, it was well maintained and equipped with a deep relaxing bath, a perfect place to relax after a long hike.

Breakfast is served in the on-site restaurant, this is buffet style but is very well presented and tastes as good as it looks! There are also a few choices that can be ordered off the breakfast menu. For dinner we ate at the pub up the road which is connected to the hotel and offers a great range of hearty country meals and ales. The waiter here was particularly excellent, unfortunately I can't remember his name. On our second night we ordered room service from the on-site restaurant, this was also very good food, presented well, and was hot.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great access to Ambleside, Grasmere Water, and Grasmere Terrace
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Recently visited hotel for our anniversary. The hotel is in a great location approx 4-5 miles from Ambleside.

We stayed in a signature room which is located in a block on the complex. The complex also includes a restaurant, spa, leisure facilities and log cabins suitable for family breaks.

The room was furnished well, clean and what you would expect for a 4 star hotel. We only stayed one night but were able to use the guest leisure facilities (not spa), which included a pool, hot jacuzzi, steam room etc. Again, all of the standard you would expect from a 4 star hotel.

During the day we decided to walk into Ambleside which can be done via a riverside path and country lane (do not use the main road). The walk will take approx 1.5 to 2 hrs and is very pleasant.

The Stove restaurant on the complex is very nice, although popular. We booked a table upon arrival and apart from an early sitting the best time we could have was 20:45 (which was fine for us). If you want to eat between 19:00 - 20:00 I would recommend you book in advance.

Food and service was a very good standard both on the evening and breakfast.

Overall a very good stay and I would recommend for couples and families. We would definitely go back with our little boy if we were looking for a lakeland hotel or lodge stay.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

The website & reviews lead to a much higher expectation. To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. It's a 3 star hotel for me, the rooms were OK, but I expected so much more for £190.00 per night. AND calling the room a signature room, leads to an expectation that there will be something special about the room, generating an expectation that is not met. Far better to call the room what it is, a standard or their standard, room. The gardens are beautiful & I could see the attraction in visiting the restaurant on a nice summers day. I would imagine it to be idyllic. There were lots of young children, so if you are after peace & quiet, be aware of this. The food is a good standard, but nothing exceptional. The decor of the restaurant is lovely & for that I would visit again, if I had nothing else to do. What really irked me was the late check in, not allowed into the room until 3pm & check out is at 10:30. If you have dogs, they are not allowed on the estate (how on earth you get them out of the estate for a walk around the surrounding areas is a puzzle the staff could not solve), a major drawback for us as a family, as the major attraction is fell walking with the dogs. BUT for the money it costs there are better options. Sorry to post a negative review, but it was the disappointment of my expectations not being met, after getting taking in my the marketing.

Room Tip: Signature rooms are their standard rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank KevinVictorSharpYork
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Only stayed one night at this hotel. Had a bit of a problem finding the hotel as the satnav took us to a road behind the hotel so had to backtrack a bit, some roadsigns would have helped. Couldn't get parked at reception and ended up going through the site as the roads were too narrow to turn round. Eventually found our way back to reception and checked in where we were given a map. As described by other reviewers it's not a single hotel building but several buildings and lodges spread all over the place. Parking can be a problem, there was a car park near to our room but we couldn't get a place so had to park elsewhere and walk to the room. The room was quite large with a very comfortable bed and a good bathroom. Had breakfast which is a buffet and was very good, the only problem being it was raining and had to walk to the restaurant in the rain which wasn't brilliant.
Hotel could do with better signage to make it easier to find your way around, especially at night when it's very dark.
All in all a comfortable hotel and I would stay again but would be tempted to use one of the other hotels in the area as it's a lot less hassle.

1  Thank Ian W