“Really good fish and chips”
Review of Walnut Fish Bar

Walnut Fish Bar
Ranked #63 of 122 Restaurants in Ambleside
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Pouring rain and a hungry family - what's a person to do. Stopped at the first chip shop I saw and was glad that I did! It's a pretty basic chippy but very clean and was doing a steady trade. I liked that both fish and chips were cooked whist I waited. I come from southern England where decency fish and chips are as rare as hens teeth so I was delighted with this tasty meal.

There are newer reviews for Walnut Fish Bar

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I thought the fish was tasty but the chips a bit soggy this time. The mushy peas were dark green/brown. Gee -- how can I give it four stars with these descriptions? I guess I just like it anyway!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

When in the area we always get our takeaway fish and chips from here. Good portions and tasty food. Service very reasonable and they sell the extras like little bottles vinegar that's I always forget to pack when I'm on a self catering holiday!

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

On the first night of our holiday we caught the smell of the fish & chips on the way back from the Mini-Golf. Nice clean chippy, pleasant service and tasty food, lovely fish & chips not greasy. Was just round the corner from our cottage so we had takeaway. What could be better? Yum yum :-)

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Excellent fish and chips, eat in or take away. Great value for money . We always reserve one night for fish and chips and this is the place to go for them. £16 for 3 meals a great, tasty, cheap treat.