“Good in parts”

Walnut Fish Bar
Ranked #64 of 121 Restaurants in Ambleside
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Some of the finest chips I have ever had from a fish and chip shop, but in my mind they committed the cardinal error of serving microwaved pies, hence soggy instead of a nice crispy pie crust.

1  Thank Stuart L

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Great take out.
fish was fab. chips lovely and not oily. mushy peas yum.
great food. would definitely go again.

1  Thank sindychick
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lovely crispy fish and nice thick chunky chips served quickly.Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to enjoy traditional English food in nice surroundings.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rather than take our meals home we ordered and 'sat in'. My husband and I both ordered fish and chips which were cooked to order. Meals were a bit slow in arriving, and it seemed that the people who came in after us to take away were served first. I would say though that the food was absolutely delicious and after a long day walking it was just what I needed with a big mug of tea! Would recommend.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Arrived in Ambleside for a week's holiday on a Saturday evening and after unpacking we fancied a quick chippy tea. The Walnut Fish Bar was the first chip shop we came across. Hubby wanted Cod & Chips but they'd run out of cod so we're not sure what fish he had but he did say it was tasty. I ordered Fishcake & Chips. We had to wait almost 25 minutes for our order, it was expensive and when we got back to our apartment I'd been given no chips!! Complete rip-off and very disappointing start to our holiday.

1  Thank Trudi G