“Quality food and service”
Review of Purdey's - CLOSED

Purdey's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It is a year since we were last in Purdeys. The quality of the food and service remqin high even though the restaurant is busier than it used to be. Not cheap but top notch.

1  Thank Bobbledog

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Mediocrity dressed up as fine dining. Ate here with friends and skipped the pudding as we could not cope with yet more disappointment. They had the fish and chips. Chips were soggy and some of the batter was still raw on one of the fish. I had the Pork dish which was rather a mean portion served in a puddle of brown salty water. Starters were OK and would have been good if served hot. You could probably cook better yourself, happily the complex is mainly self catering so we were able to cook ourselves a decent meal the following evening.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We came here for my mother in laws birthday while staying in the lakes. I was very impressed with the food, I was taking my time eating because I didn't want it to end.

The waitress was really good at changing a few items for my sister in law and I as we both have food allergies.

My only complaint is that the portions were a bit on the small side and I like to come away knowing that I have eaten.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Fine Dining at a great venue, very tasty and well presented food, worth a visit if your in the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal when we arrived at the hotel.
The food was so tasty especially the dessert it was amazing!
The point that really stood out was the service, Daniella was so good to us and made sure we were well looked after.