Our first stay at this B & B where we stayed for three nights. Our own particular room, although smaller in size, was very comfortable and clean with what seemed to be a newly fitted carpet. We had a side view room with a lake view, which was lovely. The weather was a bonus too with being so hot (a fan was provided in our room). The breakfast was buffet style and adequate with a good selection. Poached eggs always available, but just ask if you prefer fried or scrambled, as staff will be happy to oblige. Extra toast and tea too should you so wish. Staff very polite an helpful. The Lake House is set in beautiful landscaped gardens; a very short distance from the pier where you can access trips to the islands and Bowness. Lake House has a comfortable residents lounge too. In addition, they have a DVD collection, which you can use free of charge and all bedrooms are equipped with a TV/DVD facility. In addition, it is only a short stroll to Ambleside itself with shops and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run country house has spectacular views across Waterhead Bay, Windermere Loughrigg Fell and the Langdale Peaks as well as offering stylish, modern and luxurious accommodation. With its country house atmosphere combined with stylish decor and modern luxury touches, not to mention its eighteen gorgeous bedrooms and wonderful raised vistas, Lake House is a perfect place to stay and make your own. Come together in the large, light dining and living area with stunning lake views, or find your own space to relax and escape on one of the lovely reading landings or from the privacy of your large bedroom. Lake House manages to combine grandeur and intimacy in private surroundings for all occasions. Please note, due to the relaxing nature of the building rooms are not suitable for children.Each of the 18 bedrooms are decorated and fitted to the highest standards, all en-suite with TV with DVD, CD players and tea/coffee making facilities. Some superior rooms feature four poster beds and have the best views over Lake Windermere.Traditional Lakeland breakfast is served in the dining room with an array of continental breads, cereals and fruit with wonderful lake and mountain views. Full English is set out for you to help yourself and there are trays for you to take it all up to your room if you so wish - breakfast in bed do it yourself style!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Ambleside
- Lake House Ambleside, Lake District