I booked 2 nights for my husband as a wedding gift from me. We both wanted a mini honeymoon in the UK and a friend recommended The Lake House to me. My husbands reaction when he saw the hotel for the first time was a moment to remember. We both fell in love with the beauty of the hotel and its surroundings. Staff were welcoming and friendly. Our room was relaxing and cosy, wonderful bedding and bed, best sleep we ever had together. Bathroom was spotlessly clean. Exceptional refreshments and room service. The view from our room was breathtaking. It was perfect! Breakfast was lovely with beautiful views of the lake. Nearby crag, lake, boat rides and shops are a bonus. We realy wanted to stay longer. Will definitely book again. An amazing time at the lake district and an even more amazing time at The Lake House. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run country house has spectacular views across Waterhead Bay, Windermere Loughrigg Fell and the Langdale Peaks as well as offering stylish, modern and luxurious accommodation. With its country house atmosphere combined with stylish decor and modern luxury touches, not to mention its eighteen gorgeous bedrooms and wonderful raised vistas, Lake House is a perfect place to stay and make your own. Come together in the large, light dining and living area with stunning lake views, or find your own space to relax and escape on one of the lovely reading landings or from the privacy of your large bedroom. Lake House manages to combine grandeur and intimacy in private surroundings for all occasions. Please note, due to the relaxing nature of the building rooms are not suitable for children.Each of the 18 bedrooms are decorated and fitted to the highest standards, all en-suite with TV with DVD, CD players and tea/coffee making facilities. Some superior rooms feature four poster beds and have the best views over Lake Windermere.Traditional Lakeland breakfast is served in the dining room with an array of continental breads, cereals and fruit with wonderful lake and mountain views. Full English is set out for you to help yourself and there are trays for you to take it all up to your room if you so wish - breakfast in bed do it yourself style!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Ambleside
- Lake House Ambleside, Lake District