We have just returned after staying two wonderful nights in room 5; one of the superiors rooms at the Lake House. The room was amazing, very spacious bright and clean with lots of home comforts and added touches, which made it even more special. We wanted to take the shower in the en-suite home with us, its the best we have had in any of the places we have stayed!!!!. The complimentary wine was a lovely touch… thank you. The views from the room are stunning and lovely to wake up to. The food was great with lots of choice. The staff were lovely, friendly, attentive and accommodating, but not over powering. If you need any advice seek out Michelle she won't let you down... Michelle was a massive help when choosing anything from where to go for an evening out, to a day trip out in the car. Always there with a smile and a willingness to help you. Thank you Michelle you helped to make our stay even more special. We have had a fantastic experience and will definitely be recommending the Lake House to our friends. Go book a room now… you won't regret it.
Paul and Mary :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run country house has spectacular views across Waterhead Bay, Windermere Loughrigg Fell and the Langdale Peaks as well as offering stylish, modern and luxurious accommodation. With its country house atmosphere combined with stylish decor and modern luxury touches, not to mention its eighteen gorgeous bedrooms and wonderful raised vistas, Lake House is a perfect place to stay and make your own. Come together in the large, light dining and living area with stunning lake views, or find your own space to relax and escape on one of the lovely reading landings or from the privacy of your large bedroom. Lake House manages to combine grandeur and intimacy in private surroundings for all occasions. Please note, due to the relaxing nature of the building rooms are not suitable for children.Each of the 18 bedrooms are decorated and fitted to the highest standards, all en-suite with TV with DVD, CD players and tea/coffee making facilities. Some superior rooms feature four poster beds and have the best views over Lake Windermere.Traditional Lakeland breakfast is served in the dining room with an array of continental breads, cereals and fruit with wonderful lake and mountain views. Full English is set out for you to help yourself and there are trays for you to take it all up to your room if you so wish - breakfast in bed do it yourself style!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Ambleside
- Lake House Ambleside, Lake District