The Lake House is very pretty and in a great location next to the lake and boat cruises. The room was big, clean and comfortable. Service is good. Breakfast was good with a great view. However, it looks as if some room renovation is coming due. The carpet was a bit worn and the second bed's mattress was like a waterbed. Luckily the twin room consisted of a double and single bed so my husband was able to share the double bed with me and we could ignore the dodgy single bed. There was a spacious cupboard but we really could have done with fold out suitcase holders as we had to put our suitcases on the floor. A slightly unpleasant experience was running short of toilet paper on the second day as housekeeping never replaced it and having to ask for some at reception. Other than needing some attention to detail our stay was very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run country house has spectacular views across Waterhead Bay, Windermere Loughrigg Fell and the Langdale Peaks as well as offering stylish, modern and luxurious accommodation. With its country house atmosphere combined with stylish decor and modern luxury touches, not to mention its eighteen gorgeous bedrooms and wonderful raised vistas, Lake House is a perfect place to stay and make your own. Come together in the large, light dining and living area with stunning lake views, or find your own space to relax and escape on one of the lovely reading landings or from the privacy of your large bedroom. Lake House manages to combine grandeur and intimacy in private surroundings for all occasions. Please note, due to the relaxing nature of the building rooms are not suitable for children.Each of the 18 bedrooms are decorated and fitted to the highest standards, all en-suite with TV with DVD, CD players and tea/coffee making facilities. Some superior rooms feature four poster beds and have the best views over Lake Windermere.Traditional Lakeland breakfast is served in the dining room with an array of continental breads, cereals and fruit with wonderful lake and mountain views. Full English is set out for you to help yourself and there are trays for you to take it all up to your room if you so wish - breakfast in bed do it yourself style!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Ambleside
- Lake House Ambleside, Lake District