Went for a relaxing weekend break and on first impressions the hotel is lovely. We asked for a room with a view and we certainly got that, it was a fantastic view overlooking the hills and the lake, however it was up 2 flights of stairs.
The room was clean and the bathroom had a fantastic shower, but if you do a look hard as they do on "Four in a bed" you could see dust on the skirting boards just behind the bed!
Breakfast was a buffet style but very tasty and you got the option of changing the poached eggs to either fried or scrambled .Toast was also provided and you could eat as much as you liked for breakfast. Much better than other hotels we have stayed in the the same area.
We did not take up the option for breakfast in bed, or staying in with a meal, a bottle of wine and a dvd as there is so much to do in nearly Ambleside.
Would I stay here again? most definately
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run country house has spectacular views across Waterhead Bay, Windermere Loughrigg Fell and the Langdale Peaks as well as offering stylish, modern and luxurious accommodation. With its country house atmosphere combined with stylish decor and modern luxury touches, not to mention its eighteen gorgeous bedrooms and wonderful raised vistas, Lake House is a perfect place to stay and make your own. Come together in the large, light dining and living area with stunning lake views, or find your own space to relax and escape on one of the lovely reading landings or from the privacy of your large bedroom. Lake House manages to combine grandeur and intimacy in private surroundings for all occasions. Please note, due to the relaxing nature of the building rooms are not suitable for children.Each of the 18 bedrooms are decorated and fitted to the highest standards, all en-suite with TV with DVD, CD players and tea/coffee making facilities. Some superior rooms feature four poster beds and have the best views over Lake Windermere.Traditional Lakeland breakfast is served in the dining room with an array of continental breads, cereals and fruit with wonderful lake and mountain views. Full English is set out for you to help yourself and there are trays for you to take it all up to your room if you so wish - breakfast in bed do it yourself style!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Ambleside
- Lake House Ambleside, Lake District