We know the Lake District very well and usually stay in our touring caravan in quieter areas. This short 4 day trip was with brother and wife from London who do not know the Lakes. I decided that Ambleside would be central for giving them a taste of the area. We both found Lake House on TripAdvisor and agreed the reviews looked good. I also knew the location would be good - easy to find, close to lake Windermere, close enough to walk into Ambleside but far enough from the centre to be quiet. We arrived in the morning, not expecting to get in, but were told we could leave our car if we wished and were given a time we could expect to get into our room. We took a walk around Ambleside, had some lunch and returned when our family arrived from London. The rooms were very good - comfortable, tidy and clean. Ours had a lovely view of the fells looking north beyond Ambleside. We had a good afternoon out and an evening meal in Ambleside. On return to Lake House we sat in the lounge to plan the rest of our stay. The staff were very helpful and friendly as they served our drinks, asking if we had enjoyed our day and coming up with ideas and leaflets - involving other staff members - to help us plan the next day. Breakfast was excellent. Very efficient and friendly service. An excellent choice of food, both hot and cold, and excellent quality. None of the dried up hot stuff that you sometimes get as only small amounts were put out and replenished frequently. A comfortable, friendly, small hotel providing a high standard bed and breakfast accommodation in an excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run country house has spectacular views across Waterhead Bay, Windermere Loughrigg Fell and the Langdale Peaks as well as offering stylish, modern and luxurious accommodation. With its country house atmosphere combined with stylish decor and modern luxury touches, not to mention its eighteen gorgeous bedrooms and wonderful raised vistas, Lake House is a perfect place to stay and make your own. Come together in the large, light dining and living area with stunning lake views, or find your own space to relax and escape on one of the lovely reading landings or from the privacy of your large bedroom. Lake House manages to combine grandeur and intimacy in private surroundings for all occasions. Please note, due to the relaxing nature of the building rooms are not suitable for children.Each of the 18 bedrooms are decorated and fitted to the highest standards, all en-suite with TV with DVD, CD players and tea/coffee making facilities. Some superior rooms feature four poster beds and have the best views over Lake Windermere.Traditional Lakeland breakfast is served in the dining room with an array of continental breads, cereals and fruit with wonderful lake and mountain views. Full English is set out for you to help yourself and there are trays for you to take it all up to your room if you so wish - breakfast in bed do it yourself style!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Ambleside
- Lake House Ambleside, Lake District