I took my wife to the Lake House Hotel for her birthday and we had a wonderful time. We were warmly welcomed by Candice (the manager I think) on arrival and she couldn't have been more helpful. My wife doesn't like the UHT milk normally found in hotel rooms so Candice promptly popped back up with a jug of fresh milk which she'd placed in a silver bucket full of ice so it wouldn't go off. Candice did several little things like this during our three days at the Lake House which made our stay a really pleasent one. Candice has a real gift for hospitality!
The hotel itself is a lovely place, well maintained and full of character. We booked a Superior Double Room (room 5) which gave us fantastic views of the lakes and a first class on-suite bathroom with bath & shower. It was a very large room with a kingsize double and also a single bed. It also had a dressing table, tea and coffee making facilities and a TV / DVD player.
It was also one of the warmest hotels I've stayed in which was lovely in the cold weather.
The on-site breakfast restaurant is a welcoming and comfortable place to eat; the buffet breakfast is well stocked and the full English Breakfast was lovely! We found the staff very attentive and we lacked for nothing.
My wife has been to the lakes many times but the weekend we spent at the Lake House Hotel will always stay in our memories as one of the best!
Thank you Lake House & especially to Candice.
Love from Peter & Beth xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run country house has spectacular views across Waterhead Bay, Windermere Loughrigg Fell and the Langdale Peaks as well as offering stylish, modern and luxurious accommodation. With its country house atmosphere combined with stylish decor and modern luxury touches, not to mention its eighteen gorgeous bedrooms and wonderful raised vistas, Lake House is a perfect place to stay and make your own. Come together in the large, light dining and living area with stunning lake views, or find your own space to relax and escape on one of the lovely reading landings or from the privacy of your large bedroom. Lake House manages to combine grandeur and intimacy in private surroundings for all occasions. Please note, due to the relaxing nature of the building rooms are not suitable for children.Each of the 18 bedrooms are decorated and fitted to the highest standards, all en-suite with TV with DVD, CD players and tea/coffee making facilities. Some superior rooms feature four poster beds and have the best views over Lake Windermere.Traditional Lakeland breakfast is served in the dining room with an array of continental breads, cereals and fruit with wonderful lake and mountain views. Full English is set out for you to help yourself and there are trays for you to take it all up to your room if you so wish - breakfast in bed do it yourself style!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Ambleside
- Lake House Ambleside, Lake District