We booked the Fisherbeck for a one night stay because we were passing through the area. The room we were given was large, well decorated and furnished and very clean. There was a separate shower and toilet, which made good use of the available space. There was a good range of toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities, biscuits and filtered water. Large windows opened on to a balcony with two seats and a table.
When we arrived (quite late in the evening) we were shown to our room and invited back to reception for complementary tea/coffee once we had settled in. The lounge is very comfortable and overlooks the front of the hotel; we spent some time relaxing there with drinks from the bar.
The breakfast (which was included in the room rate) was extensive, cooked to order and very tasty.
This is obviously a family run hotel and is certainly not a B&B - we have just returned from 2 weeks in Scotland and more than half of the hotels had rooms and facilities which were not up to the Fisherbeck's standard, for equivalent prices.
The only downside was the noise made by the couple in the room above. They arrived back at 11:15pm and spent the next 45 minutes walking about the room (which unfortunately had creaking floorboards) and talking - and once they got into bed, the noise did not cease. However, we heard no noise from any of the adjoining rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE FISHERBECK. When you are away from home you want to be comfortable, so why not relax on our luxury leather sofas, enjoy a glass of wine, cool beer, cappuccino or latte, perhaps with a little something from our light bite menu. And then sleep easy in one of our individually designed bedrooms, some with fantastic views, balcony, spa bath or king size bed.If you are looking for a truly hearty well cooked breakfast, for several years we have been the recipients of the Good Breakfast Award. We make our own muesli, granola, breakfast muffins and rum butter. Eggs are collected direct from the farm for absolute freshness. Award winning bacon, sausage and black pudding are sourced locally and our smoked haddock and salmon are some of the finest in the north of England, all cooked for you personally. If you want to be well located with really great views of Loughrigg Fell and onwards to the Langdale Pikes, an easy stroll to shops, restaurants and the lake, we really are perfectly located in Ambleside right in the heart of The Lake District. Our 18 bedrooms are all en-suite and three feature balconies overlooking magnificent Lakeland views opposite. Supremely comfortable, the rooms are equipped with all the facilities you need for a luxurious stay in the heart of this most beautiful area. Our sheltered garden provides a tranquill place to relax and admire the glorious panoramic view of the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell and Loughrigg Fell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Fisherbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- The Fisherbeck Ambleside, Lake District