After reading the reviews on here, regarding the overly strict owner, i was initially nervous about our 2 night reservation here but these worries were ill founded. To be honest we had no reason to complain so we never had to come up against him but whenever we spoke to him he was always polite, if not overly friendly, but we prefer that. We do not go on holiday to make small talk with someone we don't know for hours(we both have to do that within our jobs so prefer to keep to ourselves when we are on holiday together).
The room we were in was not overly large and the bathroom was small but that did not deter from the charm of the whole establishment. I felt so comfortable that it was almost like a home away from home.The only issue was that the window looked out onto a wall but you have to pay extra for a room with a view. The breakfast was excellent with a huge variety to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE FISHERBECK. When you are away from home you want to be comfortable, so why not relax on our luxury leather sofas, enjoy a glass of wine, cool beer, cappuccino or latte, perhaps with a little something from our light bite menu. And then sleep easy in one of our individually designed bedrooms, some with fantastic views, balcony, spa bath or king size bed.If you are looking for a truly hearty well cooked breakfast, for several years we have been the recipients of the Good Breakfast Award. We make our own muesli, granola, breakfast muffins and rum butter. Eggs are collected direct from the farm for absolute freshness. Award winning bacon, sausage and black pudding are sourced locally and our smoked haddock and salmon are some of the finest in the north of England, all cooked for you personally. If you want to be well located with really great views of Loughrigg Fell and onwards to the Langdale Pikes, an easy stroll to shops, restaurants and the lake, we really are perfectly located in Ambleside right in the heart of The Lake District. Our 18 bedrooms are all en-suite and three feature balconies overlooking magnificent Lakeland views opposite. Supremely comfortable, the rooms are equipped with all the facilities you need for a luxurious stay in the heart of this most beautiful area. Our sheltered garden provides a tranquill place to relax and admire the glorious panoramic view of the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell and Loughrigg Fell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Fisherbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- The Fisherbeck Ambleside, Lake District