I stayed here with my partner over the august bank holiday weekend. Location is perfect, 5 minute walk to the lake and the boats and a 5 minute walk to the town.
We started in room 2 which was very spacious with a huge bed, balcony and modern bathroom with spa bath, double sink and shower cubical. Only slight negative was that the floor boards above were very noisy and we could hear lots of walking around from quite early on.
Breakfast was great. Lots of choice with hot food cooked to order. Very tasty.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to family's or couples and to anyone I know that wanted to visit Ambleside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE FISHERBECK. When you are away from home you want to be comfortable, so why not relax on our luxury leather sofas, enjoy a glass of wine, cool beer, cappuccino or latte, perhaps with a little something from our light bite menu. And then sleep easy in one of our individually designed bedrooms, some with fantastic views, balcony, spa bath or king size bed.If you are looking for a truly hearty well cooked breakfast, for several years we have been the recipients of the Good Breakfast Award. We make our own muesli, granola, breakfast muffins and rum butter. Eggs are collected direct from the farm for absolute freshness. Award winning bacon, sausage and black pudding are sourced locally and our smoked haddock and salmon are some of the finest in the north of England, all cooked for you personally. If you want to be well located with really great views of Loughrigg Fell and onwards to the Langdale Pikes, an easy stroll to shops, restaurants and the lake, we really are perfectly located in Ambleside right in the heart of The Lake District. Our 18 bedrooms are all en-suite and three feature balconies overlooking magnificent Lakeland views opposite. Supremely comfortable, the rooms are equipped with all the facilities you need for a luxurious stay in the heart of this most beautiful area. Our sheltered garden provides a tranquill place to relax and admire the glorious panoramic view of the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell and Loughrigg Fell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Fisherbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- The Fisherbeck Ambleside, Lake District