we stayed here from 6 till 10 august 2012 ,no way four star ,parking great ,entrance hall ,dining area lovely ,beyond that terrible,rooms 10 and our daughter in room 6 ,we took photos of room 10,stained bedding,stained carpets grubby furniture smelly shower curtain ,paper peeling of walls ,who cleans this place ,it took my husband 30 mins to have a shower ,drip drip drip,yes we complained and were told they'd never had a complaint before ,we told the owners we were leaving if not moved ,we were given room 11 on ground floor the deluxe (?) twenty per cent better,but the whole place is tired and needs major updating ,if you read the guest book from years ago this place hasn't changed ,we were told work was on going ,also toilet paper stuffed in holes in bedroom ceiling ,why? breakfast was good ,as much as you like ,it's a shame that it is so dreary,the actual house is huge could be made beautiful , we've stayed in three star in the lakes much superior to this ,we won't be going back ,when we said bathroom door would not shut ,we were told 'we dont usually shut doors!' ok but perhaps guests do ! Watch this space for photos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cherry Garth is a 19th-century traditional Lakeland house situated in Ambleside village in the heart of the Lake District. Cherry Garth is family owned and run by sisters Amy and Viv and is superbly positioned less than five minutes walk from both the centre of Ambleside and Lake Windermere. Guests benefit from a sunny south-westerly aspect with wonderful views over the surrounding Lakeland fells. We have a large private car park at the bottom of our garden, just off the main road into Ambleside. Cherry Garth is a non-smoking house which welcomes well behaved pets. We have 11 en-suite bedrooms including four-poster, deluxe and family sized rooms. All rooms have tea & coffee making facilities and flatscreen TV with built in DVD. The landscaped garden features level lawns, attractive sitting areas, an ornamental pond and a wide variety of mature flowering shrubs and bushes. The house and garden are floodlit each evening, allowing guests to take in the view and watch the sun setting whilst sitting outside enjoying a drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Cherry Garth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Garth Hotel Ambleside
- Cherry Garth Ambleside, Lake District