The room we stayed in was lovely, clean and bright, nice bathroom/ shower, and the hotel is situated 5 mins walk from the centre of Ambleside. Thats the positive....
On the negative side if you enjoy a full English breakfast prepare yourself for a long wait. The breakfast window is between 8.00am and 9.00am, we got down for breakfast on day one for just after 8.00am we didn't eat till 30 minutes later, tea and toast took ten minutes at least, and then the main breakfast arrived 20 minutes later. Which was enjoyable. Don't know about you but I like to have toast with my breakfast, not staggered.
There was one waitress/receptionist/room cleaner, doing all the jobs. They should invest in a hot water urn, and a toaster in the breakfast room so guests can take the pressure off the single waitress and she can concentrate on getting the breakfasts out to customers, or heres another idea employ another waiter/waitress when the hotel is full, which it was while we where there, and or start breakfast from 7.00am till 10.30am then everybody wont be rushing down to be fed in that single hour. For that reason we wont be going back to this hotel, unless breakfast times and breakfasts schedules improve, our money will be spent elsewhere on another establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cherry Garth is a 19th-century traditional Lakeland house situated in Ambleside village in the heart of the Lake District. Cherry Garth is family owned and run by sisters Amy and Viv and is superbly positioned less than five minutes walk from both the centre of Ambleside and Lake Windermere. Guests benefit from a sunny south-westerly aspect with wonderful views over the surrounding Lakeland fells. We have a large private car park at the bottom of our garden, just off the main road into Ambleside. Cherry Garth is a non-smoking house which welcomes well behaved pets. We have 11 en-suite bedrooms including four-poster, deluxe and family sized rooms. All rooms have tea & coffee making facilities and flatscreen TV with built in DVD. The landscaped garden features level lawns, attractive sitting areas, an ornamental pond and a wide variety of mature flowering shrubs and bushes. The house and garden are floodlit each evening, allowing guests to take in the view and watch the sun setting whilst sitting outside enjoying a drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Cherry Garth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Garth Hotel Ambleside
- Cherry Garth Ambleside, Lake District