We have just returned from a two night stay and can only compliment George and Lyndsay on a superb guest house. From the genuine warm welcome to the spotless bedroom and bathroom through to the excellent breakfasts we could not find anything to fault. Hillsdale is centrally located yet in a quiet location for shops, pubs, restaurants and is adjacent to the park. There is also the benefit of off-road parking so there is no worries trying to park at peak times. Hillsdale would be our first choice for a return stay in Ambleside
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming Visit Britain 4*Bed and Breakfast property, with free off-road parking for each room, is conveniently situated in Ambleside town centre in the very heart of the English Lake District, Wainwright's Walking Country. The beautiful waters of Windermere, Rydal and Grasmere are within easy walking distance as are the historic homes of Wordsworth, Ruskin and Beatrix Potter. Each room has been individually styled - as the B&B has been created from an original Lakeland Stone townhouse, so typical of Ambleside, no room is the same shape or size, but we hope that each one is as comfortable, attractive and pleasing as the next! All rooms have either a double or king sized bed, newly refurbished en-suite shower room and flat screen TV. Hospitality trays, hairdryers, wine glasses and corkscrew come as standard. Free wi-fi is available. Prices include a selection of breakfast choices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hillsdale in Ambleside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillsdale In Ambleside Hotel Ambleside
- Hillsdale In Ambleside Lake District