Me and my boyfriend decided to book for one night. We did it really last minute and booked through booking.com based on reviews we had read on tripadvisor. It was a pleasant drive until I followed the satnav and it took me through private land, nevertheless it was amusing.
We arrived at the West Vale, it was beautifully present and we were greeted by Glynn. Glynn was a wonderful host and shown us up to our room. He was more than helpful and advised us on the local pubs and eateries as we were peckish. We were in room 3 and it was very clean and well decorated with flatscreen tv/dvd player. The bathroom was spacious and the little extras of Molton Brown products were well appreciated, seen as we had forgotten most of ours. The canter of sherry went down extremely well with my boyfriend also.
Breakfast was great and Dee tended to our needs and made sure we were happy throughout.
On reflection we would return to the West Vale Country House without a doubt and would recommend it to family and friends in the future.
Thanks to Glynn and Dee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the heart of the Lake District National Park on the edge of the village of Far Sawrey you will find West Vale Country House an idyillic small retreat where you can escape and leave your cares behind This stunning location overlooks Grizedale Forest The Old Man of Coniston and the surrounding area is a pot-pourri of cultural historical and architectural gems as Beatrix Potters Cottage Brantwood Holker Hall Dove Cottage and Levens Hall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your West Vale Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Vale County Hotel
- West Vale County Ambleside
- West Vale Country House Ambleside, Lake District