This was booked by my husband as a surprise. It's not all it appears from the pictures. Nice B&b yes , hotel ? Definately not. Upon arrival we were a tad early but were sent away and told to " come back later " this immediately got my back up. If it was a hotel you would have been invited in to wait until your room was ready.
The room was adequate but not luxurious. Room 2 the bed is a cheap divan that gave me a bad back.
Breakfast on a weekend only served 8-9 in their own words " to suit themselves " not their guests. We actually got up are and went back to bed ! So not what you need if you're on a " relaxing " weekend away. We felt ill at ease.
There is no dinner or restaurant so don't expect one like we did. You will be disappointed as we were ...
Laundry sacks left strewn at the bottom of the stairs at 2 pm , still there at 11 when we returned.
Shame really. It's a lovely location. If only the owners took a little more care of their visitors it could be nice. For the same or similar price I would rather stay at the Laura Ashley hotel on Bowness and will do in future. This is certainly no hotel and as such not value for
money. It's a B&b that looks the part. Dig a little deeper and you will realise all is not as if seems
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the heart of the Lake District National Park on the edge of the village of Far Sawrey you will find West Vale Country House an idyillic small retreat where you can escape and leave your cares behind This stunning location overlooks Grizedale Forest The Old Man of Coniston and the surrounding area is a pot-pourri of cultural historical and architectural gems as Beatrix Potters Cottage Brantwood Holker Hall Dove Cottage and Levens Hall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your West Vale Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Vale County Hotel
- West Vale County Ambleside
- West Vale Country House Ambleside, Lake District