Innkeeper's Lodge, Ambleside, Lake District
US$148
US$154
Queen's Hotel(Ambleside)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswhite lionthe pubinnkeepers lodgethe sofa bedquiz nightfamily roomcontinental breakfastbooked a tablegood sizestayed for one nightparking spacevery pleasant staygreat roomshower roomcentral locationfull englishlake district
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have just taken a short break in the Lake District and chose the White Lion as I stayed here a couple of years ago. What an improvement the new manageress has brought to the Hotel. All the staff are polite and well informed. Every one is very cheerfull and nothing was too much trouble. I ate there two of the evenings, the food was well presented and tasty and I didn't have to wait too long for it. Its located right in the centre of town and they have a car park which made my stay very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Booked this room months ago and thought we got a good deal. I am not surprised this is the worst voted hotel in ambleside. The rooms are very dated and sad looking although it does say they are having a refurb in may so fair enough. The lamp in our room was in bits when we walked in, pretty sure it wasnt safe. The bulb holder wobbling about and the shade just placed on top. It wasnt plugged in...... There was no plug socket!! So a broken lamp just for show?! Nice. The quilt cover had a huge rip in the top and the bed was very uncomfy. There was a very bright light directly outside our room which was on all night. The bathroom had a broken pullstring light and stunk! Breakfast was horrific! I counted 16 beans on my plate. No sausage. A 3 year old would of still been hungry. The table at the side of us complained also that the whole meal was stone cold. The girl who was serving was very rude. No apologys just took the food and brought it back and slammed it on the table. Worst breakfast i have ever had. Very dissapointed in the whole stay. I have never written a review before but i didnt want people wasting their money. It may be the cheapest but its for a good reason!!

• Stayed: April 2014
6  Thank Pandapooooo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

my wife and i chose to visit ambleside for our 30th wedding anniversary this easter 2014, we left it a bit late (feb 2014) so we couldnt get booked at our favorite bee&bee so we chose the white lion as we had been there before and liked it joan my wife managed to book their big suite room for 2 nights 18th 19th april 2014 we were all aware it was easter and we might have had to book 3 nights but we were told to book through booking.com (who have been absolutely faultless in all of this) to avoid getting double booked. Yesterday 6/04/14 we got a phone call saying we had been triple booked and we could not stay there but we would be offered allternative acomadation at the queens hotel over the road (which in my mind as gone seriously downhill in the last 10 years or so) which we declined. So we found out that they had block booked the room for a longer period themselves over the heads of booking.com and we were out on our ear so much for first come first served. Now we might not get anywhere special to stay in our price range anywhere never mind our beloved Ambleside. a bit of a rant i know but thanks for nothing White Lion Ambleside ..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ploughmaster
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I found the place just by chance and what a great find it was. The mix grill was a challenge Adam Rickman (from "man v food) would appreciate. I was a struggle to eat but great value. Steak and Ale pie was excellent. Nice relaxing atmosphere with well spaced out tables. Get in early as we found it was packed on Monday !! yes a Monday!! Will go there again next we visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barty1961
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We visited the white lion on 4th march after looking for somewhere for lunch and what a lovely suprise! Three courses for 8.95 and they were all great. Service was very quick and the staff were very polite and attentive. Brilliant start to our minimoon and would definitely go back, even just for the brownie!

• Stayed: March 2014