“Exellent as always”
Review of Zeffirellis

Zeffirellis
Ranked #2 of 7 Fun & Games in Ambleside
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This vegetarian restaurant serves food in a modern dining area or upstairs in the relatively new bar area. The food is always good we have dined there several times. Service can be a little slow due to the number of people in the restaurant and can be noisy depending the time of evening you choose to eat. Around 8 becomes a little quieter due to the music bar upstairs beginning the act. I chose the lasagna, walnut blue cheese and broccoli. very tasty. Hubs had a pizza which he reported to be amazing. We have never been disappointed in this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Wonderful food and excellent entertainment in the form of Howard Haigh and the Men of the Hour. Atmosphere very friendly and service excellent.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Good home cooked vegetarian food; I'm not a veggie but always find something I like to eat. Great value combined with a cinema ticket for an early evening out when staying in Ambleside or nearby.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I feel compelled to sign up to Trip Advisor to share my experience of what is certainly the worst pizza, and probably the worst meal of my life. I'm 50 this year, and eat out a lot.
Firstly, Zeffirellis menu is Vegetarian. I am not vegetarian, though I do not mind vegetarian food and often eat in vegetarian restaurants. However, I do expect vegetarian restaurants to have the honesty to state as much, the word is not mentioned anywhere, only once we had sat down to order and worked our way down the menu did we realise. I did not order beer, I was driving and even if I wasn't I refuse to pay £4.65 per bottle, and I was already annoyed at the vegetarian-by stealth policy.
I ordered 'red bean Mexican Pizza, topped with mozzarella and cheddar' - £9.95. The service was quite quick, but when it arrived the first thing I noticed was that, the pizza base was awful - imagine a circular piece of wholemeal toast. Unfortunately, this was the highlight. The topping consisted of mainly boiled carrot, a large helping of celery, 2 slices of courgette and about half a dozen red kidney beans. On top of this was melted common-or-garden cheese (no mozzarella). Believe it or not, I am not one to complain, and my girlfriend was enjoying her mushroom on toast (difficult to get that wrong), so I persevered, but the more carrot I ate, the more angry I became. I have joined Trip Advisor purely to get this off my chest.
When asked by the waitress 'is everything ok?' I politely pointed out that Mexican cuisine is not known for a high inclusion of carrots and celery, and that I was not happy. She told me that the pizza was made by putting a vegetarian chilli onto the pizza base and this chilli contains a lot of carrots. She said she would tell the chef, I asked for the bill, and that was that. I did not want to make a scene with her, she had already dropped all of the crockery from a neighbouring table. In summary, pretentious, over priced amateur vegetarian rubbish served by untrained staff - they should stick to selling choc-ices.