“Lovely lunch”

Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Wateredge Inn, at Waterhead on the tip of Lake Windermere, offers a beautiful country inn setting for holiday makers, diners, walkers, tourists, and more with unrivalled views of Lake Windermere (at Lake District).
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Popped in with my husband for a quick lunch whilst on holiday in the Lakes and sat in the garden which provides lovely views overlooking Lake Windermere. Once we had ordered our food arrived promptly, despite it being rather busy, and was delicious. Would recommend to others.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Couldn't fault this place at all. Service was fast and polite. Food was excellent and realistically priced. Coupled with the beautiful view over Windermere, made a great experience. Visited twice whilst in Ambleside and just as good both times.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Disappointing ,”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We only called for a meal on this occasion, we have stayed before and gone for meals before, but this time was horrible. Most of the staff were helpful with the exception of one girl on the bar who I found unfriendly and rude. I stood at the bar for a considerable amount of time being ignored until I finally said excuse me I'm next but the girl still insisted I wasn't so I told her I would eat elsewhere , no apology just a blank face. I decided to speak to another member of staff on the way out who assured me my order would be taken strait away if I wanted to stay. We stayed and ordered scampi and chips, it was 12 ish pounds and it was terrible, the fries were terrible horrible thin crunchy things, there was a time there when you used to get lovely fat home cooked chips not anymore. Felt very disappointed and felt we had spent money for nothing. On the plus side there was a lovely waitress who gave our dogs treats.

“Very expensive”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and i called in here for a glass of wine after coming from windermere i know you always pay a bit more for drinks when your on holiday but i think £13:90 for 2 glasses of cheap nasty wine is a bit much.

3 Thank Brian M
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Amazing place to stay. Poor food if Vegetarian ???”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Amazing hotel, views and setting. Disappointing vegetarian food with only to choices on the menu. 3 bean chilli or vegetable curry. Highly allergic to peppers they were very accommodating and said they would make it fresh without. On its arrival it was full of different coloured peppers. So I had to wait for it to be made again which meant I ate on my own. As soon as I tried it I regretted it as it left a real bitter after taste in my mouth.