“Avoid the pizzas”

Price range: US$1 - US$55
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Made the big mistake of going for pizzas here instead of the vegetarian food. After having a lovely authentic Italian-style pizza the night before at Dodd's, then had one here which was the complete opposite - nothing like a proper pizza - unpleasant bases topped with loads of cheddar cheese - disgusting. One of the worst pizzas I have ever eaten.

3  Thank Suzanne M
There are newer reviews for Zeffirellis

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Lovely venue and food. We didn't actually realise this was a vegetarian restaurant until our second visit, the food was so appetising and substantial. A nice introduction to good vegetarian fare for two avid meat eaters. The meal/cinema deal is great value and the cinema itself is a nice old style, smaller affair, no corporate multi-plex monster here. A great evening.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We ask for olive oil and garlic base pasta. I think the chef forgot to put salt. The spaghetti we got is completely no taste, only boiled spagetti with a basil , nothing else.

3  Thank 758chialingc
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Another lovely meal! I cannot fault Zeffs ... Jacket potatoes are crispy and have some kind of herby coating on them... Yummy! I had the lentil ragu this time which was very tomatoey and had a good amount of herbs. He had the egg mayo sandwich, open on home made bread. I resisted my usual choice of wedges and garlic mayo but only so we could have pud!
I really love the chocolate brownies; they are very chocolatey but not sickly, (not always the case ! ) they have a nice bit of walnut in them and have that difficult to get micro thin shell that gives a tiny crispness before the slight softness of the brownie ( I've come over all "Bake Off! )
Very good coffee too!
This won't be our last visit- this week!!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Such an interesting design and a lively and friendly vibe. The food was excellent and good value. My only regret is not leaving enough room for dessert!