“Lovely”
Review of The Rysdale

The Rysdale
Ranked #54 of 103 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the weekend. We received a very warm welcome from Allan. The b&b is spotless and very cosy with a lovely sitting room. The view from our window was of Wansfell, very pretty. The breakfasts are delicious. We also met Dianne who was very welcoming and helpful and we met Ruby, the cutest dog (cockapoo) in the world. The parking permit is for a car park a short stroll away and the on street parking is very close. Allan helped us out with details about local walks etc. this is a lovely b&b with lovely hosts and situated in a perfect spot.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy D

Reviewed 28 November 2012

My wife & I stayed at The Rysdale in Ambleside last Thursday night and will certainly book in there again. Allan made us feel very welcome. The room was very clean & comfortable & the breakfast was lovely. The Rysdale is well located with a wide choice of restaurants & pubs within 2 minutes walk and I would recommend it to anyone. Great value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 22 November 2012

My partner and I stayed here on route to The Highlands..and extended Our stay by a night. A wonderful, warm welcome. This is My fifth stay in Ambleside and by far My favourite to date. A Home from Home...clean, friendly, great breakfast, helpful...can not find fault..will be back next year...Thankyou for a fantastic start to Our Holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The single room was poor, as was the shower room (which was seperate i.e. not en-suite).
The bed itself was unconfortable, and not pleasant.
However, the only thing that allowed this B&B to get an Average rating, was the fact that the Host was great as were the Breakfasts.
Nothing else I can say.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
agacumbria, Owner at The Rysdale, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

We are very disappointed to read your comments. When all our guests are leaving they are always asked if they have enjoyed their stay and if everything has been to their satisfaction.You obviously chose not to say anything whilst you were with us. You mention that your bed was uncomfortable but you do not say for what reason. Too soft?. With regards to cleanliness we find your comment totally unacceptable as we clean the rooms ourselves and know that they are always cleaned to a high standard as noted by other Trip Advisor members and Visit Britain inspectors. Also, that particular single room is furnished with high quality solid English light Oak furniture with a new carpet. Yes, the private bathroom is seperate but is always clearly advertised as being so. Maybe an en-suite double room would have been more to your liking?. We are pleased that you enjoyed our extensive breakfast menu. Dianne and Allan.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

I was satisfied to stay here for four nights.The owner Allan had got a warm atmospher.I could change my breakfast everyday and all fantastic.The location is very close to Ambleside bus stop.You don't need a car like me from Japan.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nyan-nyan-cyan
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed here for two nights on 26th&27th October for a weekend break. The B&B is ideally situated just opposite the pitch and putt and in short you have no real need for your car once there.Everything is within walking distance. We stayed in the triple room which was a good size and lovely and cosy considering the cold weather we encountered on our visit. The B&B owners were very welcoming and genuine. I had the best sleep ever in the bed, which has great as I suffer from bad back. The bathroom was a shower room but really all you need for a break of this length. Breakfast is between 8.30 and 9.00, which appears par for the course for most of the B&B I've stayed in during my visits to Ambleside but a long lie would have been nice on at least one of the mornings (though in fareness I never asked). Breakfast as lovely and provided a proper vegetarian option and not just a Full English minus the meat. Excellent value for money and would defintely visit again. I would also recommend the meal deal at the local cinema which includes two courses plus your cinema ticket all for £18.95pp excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank GlasgowPttraveller
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Friendly welcome, impeccable service, comfy room and delicious breakfast made my stay extremely enjoyable. I was with 4 friends and we all felt the same. The rooms are beautifully appointed, clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is well stocked with cereals, fruit and juice. The menu for cooked breakfast options is varied and extensive.

• Stayed: October 2012